2.16.2009

Score


I'm pleased to say NY wasn't a bust. I didn't get sick over the weekend. I felt a little ill but that was self induced....(that is all I will say).

I went to the Barney's Warehouse sale - I've never been to a warehouse sale in the city, it was definately an experience. Lot's of women clammering for items, a bunch of designer garb, still overpriced and people trying things on in the aisles. I managed to see what I believed were models, some bad plastic surgery and ppl with way too much money or great credit card limits. I should've walked out empty handed but landed a bitchin pair of Miu Miu's. I really couldn't pass up the deal .... (that is all I will say). Also, there is no recession in NYC. Seriously, it's crazy, so many people shopping, eating and drinking? What are they doing that I'm not. I need to get 'in' on the action.

I balanced my shopping karma by going to a consignment/exchange store (Beacon't Closet) in Brooklyn where I passed by a boutique and got these Ugg driving loafers for $20. Nope... not a typo. New in the box and it really was UGG Australia opposed to Ug or Igg or some crazy knock off. They retail for about $130. So score!
We ate, we drank, we shopped. We were also overstimulated while people watching. When is it a good idea to wear a sequined mini skirt and medal/leather biker boots? Why would a woman in a buzzcut (not hot... so very not hot) who looked like a midwest meat and potatoes brood dye her hair magenta and wear pink makeup? Was she on crack or the Drew Carey show? Why was I being visually assaulted? Did I do or say something to deserve such treatment? Or were the blogging gods watching over me to give me something to sass about?

No comments: