7.27.2012

Never dissapointed

True story.  I went to Big Lots.  If anyone has ever been to Big Lots you know that it's quite possibly a couple steps below Walmart but there are some great deals.  Maybe things are past the expiration date, 'retro', and you seriously need to avoid eye contact with the other shoppers but it's worth a trip.

So, I'm at Big Lots in Vegas (take all of the above and multiply the 'awesomeness' err... optical travestry by 3) and my friend said that after milling about in the store that his kids are A OK.  That they could very well run for public office in comparison with folks onsite.

I'm won't deny, that comparatively they seem like Valevictorians... however... is it really good to have such low standards?  I mean, it's great for ego building purposes but come on.  The folks at the store were a couple Darwin steps short of  chimps... and I'd have a pretty solid argument that I'm insulting the monkeys.  So, do you think it's good to have low expectations to not be disappointed?
Or should we aim for the stars to strive for more?
Discuss.

No comments: