3.14.2012

daily food cost

sooo.. I'm trying (optimum word) to do a cleanse to determine what is wacking out my body. This detox entails supplements and a protein/fiber shake for breakfast and lunch, fruit and veggie snacks and dinner; no sugar (Stevia is ok), carbs, legumes, soda/juice & ALCOHOL.

yeah.. see why I said 'trying'. anyways, I'm sticking as close as I can. I did indulge over the weekend with some chips, bread/butter (OMG... the best item in the world) and some dessert that I split with someone else.

My definition of indulging now includes, fruit specially blueberries and grapefruit and apple cinnamon tea. Yeah... crazy talk.

I have to say it's kinda nice to see how food is affecting my body. Seriously if I eat bad stuff, I can feel it the next day, foggy, headachey, and tired. It's kinda crazy. I won't be doing this forever, I'm trying to see what I'm allergic too and be healthier.

anyways, my diatribe is about how expensive it is to be healthy. not including the veggie snack I made with watercress, cabbage, protein & mushroom or dinner, I'm spending on average $6-8 on snacks of fruit/veggies A DAY. what the hell. doesn't seem like alot, if it was for food the entire day, but no... it's just for fruit. ugh.

stupid metabolism. I hate getting old. I swear.

No comments: