1.31.2012

Gettin over on da man


K, you know how I LOVE to buy things? I do this cause I cut corners on other things like Electricity and am uber cheap and shop at the Asian market for produce.

Seriously.... my Pepco bill is under $30, I don't have a land line, internet or cable. It's like living in the dark ages at my place, if the Dark Ages had kick a$$ shoes, and a bitchin wardrobe. Granted you need to keep your sweater on at my place... but you can't have everything. I'm a firm believer in indulging but NOT if you can't and if it causes financial duress. Plus I really really like deals. Even if I were a millionaire I'd still get my jollies off of scoring deals.

So, here's my good deed of the year, get the Southwest Rewards card! It's worth the $99 annual fee cause there is a promo for 50,000 points - which is equivalent to $500 in rewards gift cards or 2 round trip tickets on Southwest.

I signed up last year and the annual fee was $69, you get the 50k point after you place your first transaction. I bought $40 in groceries... I mean I was going to spend it anyways. Now for $99 annual fee you will get 6000 points on your anniversary (opposed to 3000 points... what I get). 6000 points equates to about $100 for a flight or about $50 in rewards gift cards.... so the card practically pays for itself. The promo of 50k points is worth it alone, even if you don't keep it for a year. You need to pay the annual fee in the first billing cycle then whatever you purchase in the next... (you HAVE to buy something within a couple weeks of getting the card to get the points) but did you do the math? It's like getting $400 for NOTHING.
FREE.
Merry X-Mas!
Happy Birthday!

The image shows some of the gift cards you can get. It's legit, I scored some cards for Walmart (groceries), Marshal's (for future presents) & Sephora (for me).

Ha!! I win!

No comments: